As you are looking for help with your writing or publishing, remember, there are a lot of scammers out there ready to take advantage of what you don’t know.
Of course, there are many who are legit.
So how do you know the difference?
- You go on sites like the one I’ve linked to below (Writer Beware), or join a group like the Alliance of Independent Authors. They have an Approved Services list that can help you find reputable services.
- You can join a local writers group and when you get one of these odd emails noted in the linked post, you can ask other writers what they know about the company. Though, really, if a publishing house is contacting you, chances are they are not legit.
- When you are looking for services, you can ask your fellow writers who they have used.
- You can use the “googlizer” and search for warnings about the company you are thinking of working with, but the sites google might send you to also might not be legitimate. This is not your best option.
- Contact me. I keep my eye on this stuff and probably know if a certain company is okay to work with.
And always read the fine print of any contract. Even legitimate companies may offer you things you don’t want.
Scam, Right Choice Multimedia, West Literary Agency, Philippines
Where Publishing Dreams Become Reality