– I have a certificate in copy editing, which includes education in proofreading and Indesign.
– I am an award-winning author. My first novel, Rosebloom, won a national IPPY award for historical fiction. Intrigue in Istanbul is a Midwest Book Award and MoonBeam Book Award winner.
– I do workshops at libraries on writing and publishing.
I am a editor, designer, writer, reader, author, and publisher. I grew up and live in south central Wisconsin. I am a mother of two, mostly grown, children and a wife. I like working with my hands so when the need or desire arises, I crochet, sew, tile, paint, cross stitch, frame pictures, stain furniture, cut and split fire wood, x-country ski, train and ride horses…
Part of working with my hands is the joy I get with being creative. This, along with my love of writing, naturally took me to in the direction of helping others publish through the services I offer at CKBooks Publishing
- Editing – transforming your book into a readable, understandable and thus enjoyable story for others to read.
- Formatting – Getting the book formatting just right, so it downloads without any glitches to whatever online company you want to publish you e-book on (Amazon, Smashwords, Digital2Digital…)
- Design – Create the inside of the book just for you, so that when you finally get that first book back from the printer, you are proud and happy with how it looks.
- Ghostwriting – Taking your ideas, your words and helping you create the book you’ve always wanted.
- Publishing – Walking you through the process, taking away the confusion that you can get from all the information out there, or perhaps taking away the doubt that this process is just too complicated to achieve. And if you like, doing it all for you so all you have to do is hand out your books at your next gathering of family or friends. It’s really up to you, and I’m here to help.
If you want to know a bit about me as a writer:
I started writing in college (a while ago!) and haven’t stopped since. For a reason I don’t really know, ʼround about 2003 I decided I wanted to write a novel. Up to that point I had been writing short children’s stories, but never pursued publication. In March of 2008 Rosebloom was born. And as any writer can tell you, it was a birth! It was perhaps a bit more for me since I self published the work, which isn’t particularly hard, but just takes a lot of time. (I didn’t use on online method but went through a brick and mortar printer).
In 2010 I published book II in the series – A Burnished Rose – and I’m busy on the screenplay for that same story. I published the third and final novel in the Rose Series – Rose from the Ashes – in September, 2012. I am also working on a memoir for a friend who is a recovering addict. I wrote a short Christmas story titled, The Red Velvet Box, because I was inspired. My 2014 book project is an historical fiction novel about the creation and creators of Nancy Drew – Will the Real Carolyn Keene Please Stand Up and ended up being a finalist for a Midwest Book Award. In 2016 I took my first step into MG (middle grade) fiction with Intrigue in Istanbul: An Agnes Kelly Mystery Adventure. It is to be the first in a three book series.
In general, I love helping others make their publishing dreams come true.
I hope I can help you, too!
If you would like more detail, click the Linkedin link here:
Or at Google+ here:
Meet the Author:
I enjoy visiting civic groups, libraries, book clubs… If you would like me to visit your group, just email me at: email@example.com.
I frequently speak at writer’s event, schools, or libraries. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out where we can connect.