(For multiple services used, the pricing will be discounted)
- Developmental or Substance editing – evaluation of overall flow and voice, plot, punctuation and grammar ($40/hour – ask for a free estimate for your specific story).
- Copy or line editing – detailed evaluation of grammar, spelling, punctuation, looking at transitions, parallelism, ensure consistency with style, word usage… I will make note of overall flow, plot and voice but that is not the main focus for this type of edit (for fiction following the Chicago Style manual, for non-fiction following the AP Style manual) ($40/hour – ask for a free estimate for your specific story)
- Proofing – the last edit before it goes to publication (ebook or paper) ($2.5/formatted page – with approximately 250 words/page)
- Ghost writing – I can write as little or as much as you like of your story. (negotiable depending on how much writing you want done)
- Ebook formatting – for Smashwords (which will make it available at Barnes and Noble, ibookstore, Kobo, Sony, and Diesel readers, and 2 Library channels) and/or Kindle ($40/hour – for a 200 page book this might take 2 hours depending on the amount of special formatting involved)
- Paper book formatting – includes design and set up to make your book printer ready including addition of any illustrations. ($3/formatted page for a novel, $6/page for an illustrated book such as a children’s book or a photography book)
- Book Publishing – Can be ebook or paper book publishing using the printer(s) of your choice. (see Book Publishing tab for details)
- Create a Press Release – part of your marketing strategy needs to be creating a press release – what you would send newspapers/magazines/blogs to help get the buzz going.
- Cover Design – I can create covers from your art or image, but if you need to cover created from scratch, then I have a list of artist and illustrators that I have worked with that will get you just what you need – an eye-catching cover! (cost depends on what kind of help you need, could be $200 – $700+.)
Option 1: I do everything
– Substance editing
– Copy Editing
– Proofing final version
– find and work with a book cover illustrator
– design and format the book for the printer (for paper books)
– get you a PCIP – Publisher’s Cataloging-in-Publication (not required – this is what you might see on the copyright page of a book that helps library’s catalog your book for easier reference), or LCCN – Library of Congress Catalog Number – if you plan on selling many books and want your book in the Library of Congress.
– obtain a bar code (also not required but recommended if you want to sell your book in stores),
– obtain a government copyright (optional)
– obtain an ISBN – this is the number on the back of the book that everyone who is going to sell or list your book uses to find your book. You need it if you’re planning on selling your book to others besides family and friends.
– put your book on the Books In Print list (it’s a place that retailers, libraries, wholesalers, distributors in the book industry go to find books)
– write the back blurb
– write a press release (optional – used to send to papers/magazines… anyone you want to do a story about your book)
– work with a printer and illustrator to get your book to you just how you want it (size, paper color/weight, cover -soft or hard, matte/gloss, number of copies…)
– work with you on some preliminary marketing strategies (optional)
Option 2: You do it all and I tell you how ($50/hour)
Option 3: A combination of options 1 and 2
Ask for an estimate – all services will be less expensive depending on bundling.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Interested or Just Have Questions?
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set a time to chat.
Ask for a Free Sample Edit: I can do a sample edit of your work and share that edit with you. That way you can see if I can give you what you’re looking for, and I can tell you what it would cost to edit your entire piece.